The vision of the MJBI is to bring Jewish people into a personal relationship of faith with Yeshua the Messiah, knowing their acceptance will eventually mean life from the dead (Romans 11:15).
The MJBI equips leaders who will establish Messianic Jewish congregations and ministries in Jewish communities worldwide. Additionally, the MJBI seeks to equip the Church in its responsibility to take the Good News to the Jew first (Romans 1:16). Like Paul, the MJBI helps educate Christians in their role to provoke the Jewish people to jealousy and thus save some of them (Romans 11:11-14).
Statement Of Faith
The Bible We believe the Bible, composed of the Tenach (Jewish Scriptures) and the Apostolic Writings of the New Covenant (Brith Chadasha), is the only infallible and authoritative Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Romans 15:4; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Hebrews 4:2; Ephesians 6:17
- God Is Echad We believe God is Echad, as declared in the Shema, “a united one” or “compound unity” eternally existent in three persons. Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 48:16-17; 1 John 5:7-13
- Deity We believe in the Deity of Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus, the Messiah), that He is the “Seed of the woman” as God promised, and that His virgin birth was to be a sign to Israel of His Messiahship. Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 9:6-7; Matthew 1:22-23
- Messiah Yeshua’s Life We believe in Messiah Yeshua’s life, His miracles yesterday and today, His vicarious and sacrificial death as our atonement, His bodily resurrection, His personal future return for His followers, both living and dead, and the future establishment of His kingdom on Earth. Isaiah 53:8-11; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Isaiah 9:6-7; 1 Corinthians 11:26; Zechariah 12:6-10; Zechariah 14:16-21
- Cleansed By Grace We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is by grace, through faith in the shed sacrificial blood of the Lamb of God, Yeshua HaMashiach, and that regeneration by the Spirit of God is absolutely essential for personal salvation. Leviticus 17:11; Ephesians 2:8; Romans 1:17; Habakkuk 2:4; John 3:3; Hebrews 11:6; Genesis 15:6
- HaRuach HaKodesh We believe in the present ministry of HaRuach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a godly life. Jeremiah 31:31-34; John 14:15-17; Galatians 5:13-25
- Sons & Daughters of Israel We believe the Jews according to the flesh (descendants of Abraham through Isaac, whether through the blood line of the mother or the father) who place their faith in Israel’s Messiah Yeshua have not disowned or separated themselves from their race and Judaic heritage, but remain sons and daughters of Israel. Gentiles who place their faith in Israel’s Messiah Yeshua are also, spiritually, sons and daughters of Israel. Galatians 3:28-29; Romans 2:28-29; Genesis 15:6
- Resurrection We believe in the resurrection of both saved and lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to eternal separation from God, the latter being consigned to a state of everlasting punishment. Daniel 12:2; Matthew 25:46; Psalm 69:28; Revelation 20:12-15
- Middle Wall of Partition We believe the middle wall of partition which in times past separated Jews and Gentiles has been broken down, the enmity between them eradicated by the Messiah Yeshua. Ephesians 2:12-24; Acts 10:34
- New Covenant Body We believe the New Covenant body of the Lord is composed of both Jews and Gentiles who have accepted Yeshua HaMashiach as the promised Redeemer and that now they are to worship together in the House of God. 1 Corinthians 12:13; Hebrews 10:25; Ephesians 3:6,10-12
- Jewish Followers of Yeshua We believe that as Jewish followers of Yeshua, we are called to maintain our Jewish biblical heritage and remain part of our people, and the universal body of believers. This is part of our identity and a witness to the faithfulness of God. Romans 3:1-4; 1 Corinthians 7:17-20; Acts 21:20-24