November 26, 2016 – December 6, 2016
Day 1—Fly out on Saturday, November 26th, from DFW at 4:10PM. Meet at airport at noon for group check-in.
Day 2—Sunday, November 27, 2016—Travel Day
- Arrive in Tel Aviv (7:10PM) – see the modern face of Israel along with its ancient port and famous Mediterranean beaches.
- Transfer to your hotel for check in and rest.
- Spend the night at Leonardo Plaza Hotel, Ashdod.
Day 3—Monday, November 28, 2016—Tel Aviv
- Visit the old Jaffa port where Jonah fled from God and Peter had his heavenly vision.
- See the Diaspora Museum in Tel Aviv.
- Visit the ancient Philistine city of Ashkelon.
- Spend our second night at Leonardo Plaza Hotel, Ashdod.
Day 4—Tuesday, November 29, 2016—Sorek Valley
- Visit Beit Shemesh where the ark was returned.
- See the area where Samson grew up.
- Visit Tel Azekah and the Elah Valley where David slew Goliath.
- See the ancient remains of Tel Gerar and Tel Beersheba, the locations of many familiar stories in the lives of Abraham and Isaac.
- Spend the night at the Isrotel Ramon Inn located in Mitzpe Ramon.
Day 5—Wednesday, November 30, 2016—the Dead Sea
- View the geological beauty of the Negev Desert overlooking the Ramon Crater.
- Take a jeep ride into the Wilderness of Zin, the geological area of Kadesh Barnea and the wilderness wanderings of Israel.
- See the Spice Route and the Way of the 12 Spies.
- Lunch will be served in a Bedouin Tent.
- See the breathtaking Ben Gurion overlook where the first Israeli Prime Minister is buried.
- Upon arrival at our Dead Sea Hotel, feel free to use the hotel spa and/or swim in the Dead Sea.
- Spend the night at the Dead Sea at Isrotel Ganim.
Day 6—Thursday, December 1, 2016—Jordan River
- Baptism opportunity at the baptismal site of Jesus in the Jordan River.
- Visit the spring where Gideon gathered against the Midianites.
- Drive through the Jordan Valley.
- See Tel Jezreel where Ahab, Jezebel, Jehu and Naboth were.
- We conclude at Kibbutz Ein Gev on the Sea of Galilee.
- There will have an optional Kibbutz tour after dinner.
- We will spend the night at Ein Gev on the Sea of Galilee.
Day 7—Friday, December 2, 2015—Sea of Galilee
- Take a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee.
- Visit Magdala the home of Mary Magdalene.
- See the remains of the Migdal synagogue (discovered in 2009) that was certainly visited by Jesus.
- Drive through the Golan Heights and view Mount Bental and the Syrian overlook.
- Visit Bethsaida, the city of Phillip, Andrew and Peter (Jn. 1:44), and perhaps James and John.
- View the breathtaking views of the Sea of Galilee from Mitzpe Ofir.
- See Kursi where the swine ran into the Sea.
- We will spend a second night at Ein Gev on the Sea of Galilee.
Day 8—Saturday, December 3, 2016—the Garden Tomb
- Start our day by driving to the beautiful overlook of the Sea of Galilee at Mount Arbel.
- Drive to overlook the Jezreel Valley at Mt. Precipice where Jesus was threatened by an angry crowd.
- In Nazareth, visit the Synagogue Church.
- See the Nazareth Village and how Jesus lived 2000 years ago.
- Visit Tel Aphek/Antipatris where both David and Paul visited.
- End our day with communion at the Garden Tomb in Jerusalem.
- Spend our first night at the Crowne Plaza overlooking the city of Jerusalem.
Day 9—Sunday, December 4, 2016—free day in Jerusalem
- This is a free day with no driver or guide.
- There is optional touring informally with members of the group and/or shopping.
- If you have never been in Jerusalem, you can consider visiting the Mt of Olives, Garden of Gethsemane, the Old City or the Holocaust Museum.
- Or you can visit the Sunday services at King of Kings Assembly, or at Christ’s Church, the oldest Protestant Church in the Mideast located in the Old City.
- Spend the night at the Crowne Plaza.
Day 10—Monday, December 5, 2016—Old City
- Walk the Old City’s Jewish Quarter including the ancient Roman Cardo.
- Pray at the Western Wall and the southern steps of the Temple Mount.
- We will take a special tour of the Rabbi’s Tunnel along the Western Wall.
- Exit the Old City at the Lion’s Gate and walk just under the Eastern (Golden) Gate and through the Ophel where Solomon built his palace.
Day 11—Tuesday, December 6, 2016
- Departure and transfer to TLV airport.
- Arrive at DFW on same day at 2:25PM.
NOTE: MJBI and Gateway Church and their sub-agents reserve the right to withdraw services and make changes and alterations in the itinerary or trip component at any time and for any reason as may be necessary in their judgment for the proper handling of the tour with or without notice and/or to substitute airlines, hotels similar category and Sar-El, MJBI and Gateway Church shall not be liable for any such changes.